If you want to program your Vizio remote with the cable box device, you’ll need to use the universal remote codes. Sometimes, when our cable box remote is not working or lost, it can be frustrating to continue enjoying your favorite shows and web series. For the Vizio universal remote Roku code, you can find it here. In such a situation, you can easily program your Vizio universal remote with the cable box device.
Programming the Vizio remote with a cable box is not difficult if you have the proper programming instructions. To program a Vizio remote, you’ll need universal remote control codes or setup codes so that the device recognizes your instructions and performs the intended actions.
Various methods are available for programming a Vizio remote to a cable box. Here, we’ve provided step-by-step instructions for programming using remote codes and setup codes.
How To Program Vizio Universal Remote Codes for Cable Box:
This is one of the easiest methods that requires universal Vizio remote control codes.
- Switch on your device such as TV, DVD, CBL.
- Tap the device key and hold it for up to 5 seconds and check the light indicator. It should flash twice.
- Enter your universal code for your cable box using the numeric keys. After entering each digit, the light should blink once. If the code is valid, the light should blink twice after you enter the last digit and then slightly turn off.
- Point the remote at the device and click on the power key. If the device turns off, it means the remote is programmed.
How To Program Vizio Remote Using Setup Code:
This method doesn’t need any universal remote code and works perfectly with newer models.
- Tap and hold the device key and press the menu key together for up to 10 seconds.
- When ‘Vizio’ displays on the screen, release both keys.
- Use the numeric keypad of your remote to enter 0000 and click OK on the remote.
- There will be two options: TV or Cable. Choose the cable option and press OK.
- Enter your zip code using a four-digit code for your region and press OK after each digit.
- A list of cable manufacturers will appear; scroll down and select yours from the list and tap OK.
- It should ask if your cable box is on. Press OK and keep changing the channels until you see a message saying “POWER” in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click on TV remote control keys to ensure it works appropriately with your device.
Please share your views and suggestions on this Vizio remote programming to the cable box article so we can make improvements and provide more interesting content. Write to us if you are looking for GE universal remote CL5 codes for Vizio TV or a programming method that is not available here using the comment section below.