If you want to program your vizio remote with the cable box device then you need to program it using the universal remote codes. Sometimes our cable box remote is not working or lost and you need to suffer a lot to continue enjoying your favorite shows and web series and for vizio universal remote roku code you have to go here. In that situation, you can program your vizio universal remote with the cable box device easily.
Programming the vizio remote with a cable box is not difficult for anybody having the proper program instructions. Also, programming a vizio remote requires universal remote control codes or setup codes by which the device will recognize your instructions and perform actions.
There are various methods available for programming a vizio remote to cable box. Here we have added step by step instruction for programming using remote codes and setup codes.
How To Program Vizio Universal Remote Codes Cable Box
This is one of the easiest methods that requires universal vizio remote control codes.
- Switch on your device such as TV, DVD, CBL.
- Tap the device key and hold for upto 5 seconds and check the light indicator. It should flash twice.
- Then enter your universal code for your cable box using the numeric keys. After you enter each digit the light should blink once. If the code is valid, the light should blink twice after you enter the last digit and slightly turns off.
- Point the remote to the device and click on the power key. If the device turns off that means the remote is programmed.
How To Program Vizio Remote Using Setup Code
This method doesn’t needs any universal remote code and works perfectly if you have a newer model.
- Tap & hold the device key and hit the menu key together for upto 10 seconds.
- When Vizio displays on the screen, leave both the keys
- Use the numeric keypad of your remote to enter 0000 and click on OK on the remote.
- Once you perform this action, there will be two options: TV or Cable.
- Choose the cable option and press OK.
- Then you need to enter your zip code. Enter a four digit code of your region and press ok after each digit.
- A list of cable manufactures will appear, scroll down and select yours from the list and tap OK.
- Then it should ask if your cable box is on. Press OK and keep changing the channels until you see a message says “POWER” in the upper-left side of screen.
- Click on tv remote control keys to ensure it works with your device appropriately.
Please let us know your views and suggestions on this vizio remote programming to cable box article so we can make improvements and provide more interesting content. Write to us if you are looking for ge universal remote cl5 codes for vizio tv or programming method that is not available here using the below available comment section.